Lakefield - Lake District, Lake District self-catering. Near Sawrey, Hawkshead, Visit England 4 star rating
Lakefield House is ideal for a family or family groups, sleeping up to ten people. Visit Britain 4 star rated, it comprises:
- Stunning views of Esthwaite Water and the Coniston fells through huge picture windows.
- 5 bedrooms (one king-size four poster, one king-size, one double and two twins).
- 4 luxurious modern bathrooms (3 en-suites) plus additional WC.
- Modern fitted kitchen, well-equipped with modern appliances.
- Magnificent sitting room with open fire and superb views.
- Dining room to seat 10, again with great views.
- Second sitting room (upstairs), also with super views.
- Table tennis table, lots of games, puzzles DVDs,
videos and PS2 5 flat screen TVs, 2 with Free Sat.
- Beautiful gardens.
- Private drive, parking for 4-5 cars
- Free WiFi.
Lakefield Cottage (also known locally as Potters Cottage) is a cosy cottage which adjoins Lakefield House, sleeps 2-3 people, and has beautiful views from the sitting room and bedroom. Visit Britain 4 star rated, it comprises:
- One bedroom (one king-size and one single bed).
- Sitting room/diner kitchen with luxurious fittings.
- Flat screen TV (Freeview), DVD, video.
- Luxury bathroom.
- Small private enclosed rear garden.
- Parking for one car.
- Free WiFi
Both the House and the Cottage have wonderful views over Esthwaite Water and the Coniston fells beyond (see Gallery) and offer self-contained, luxurious self-catering accommodation.
- Picturesque village, famous as Beatrix Potter's home.
- Historic village pub (Tower Bank Arms) 4 minutes' walk from Lakefield serving excellent food.
- Peaceful position on village fringe.
- Village shop in Far Sawrey (1/2mile).
- Hawkshead 5 minutes by car - Coniston and Ambleside 15 mins by car.
- Beautiful walks from the front door.
Near Sawrey is centrally located on the west side of Windermere and gives easy access to the central, southern and western fells, as well as to Ambleside, Bowness/Windermere (via the ferry) and Hawkshead, with its numerous restaurants/inns and shops.
Lakefield House and Cottage can be booked separately or, for larger parties, together (depending on availability). Tesco Direct can deliver food/groceries. The House and Cottage are very popular - many families come back year after year - so book early to avoid disappointment. Linen is included in the rental (and towels can also be provided for £3.50 per person per week).
Both the House and Cottage are Strictly No Smoking. A well-behaved pet (no cats), by arrangement.
Please call 01707 875279 if you have any questions, for bookings and availability or email email@example.com
Click on the images to enlarge